Safeguards and protects the patient’s rights to privacy. Ensures only authorized individuals have access to patient medical information and released health information complies with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) policies and regulatory statutes.
What We Offer:
- $17-$21/hour with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine
- Profit sharing & 403(b) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off, 8 paid holidays, and much more!
- Answers incoming calls and processes incoming mail which involves prepping, scanning and indexing Release of Information (ROI) documents.
- Interacts with requestors to identify medical records needed for patient care, review, billing or ROI.
- Reviews ROI requests, verifies correct information and validity, and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Prioritizes ROI requests, retrieves medical records, electronically tracks and delivers records in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensures patient medical records’ privacy is maintained.
- Assists staff and clinic with questions regarding privacy protection and general compliance.
- Assists with medical record audits.
- Performs audits of access to Patient Health Information (PHI) and recommends appropriate action necessary as a result of audit activities.
- Conducts investigations and monitoring as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required. Coursework in medical terminology, health records, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and compliance required.
- Preferred Experience: One year’s Healthcare compliance experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical records, investigations, and auditing.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA, Oregon and Washington privacy laws, medical records laws, and their exceptions.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong customer relations skills including the ability to manage stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility.
- Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, First Source, and EMR.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.