Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Provides exemplary customer service in facilitating all aspects of patient scheduling activities. Manages the scheduling phone queue and assists patients with initial and follow up appointments with providers. Responsible for insurance verification on all scheduled patient accounts.
- Manages the multi-line scheduling phone queue and transfers calls to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments for medical and integrated providers according to scheduling guidelines, appointment type, and time needed.
- Verifies and updates current patient demographic information including contact information, insurance, and income verification.
- Notifies patient of schedule adjustments at direction of Supervisor including rescheduled and cancelled appointments. Updates the schedule for any changes.
- Assesses patient’s need to meet with the Patient Benefits Coordinator (PBC) regarding benefits and insurance options. Schedules appointments with the PBC as needed.
- Manages various scheduling work queues daily including: Cancellation/No Show, Recall, Rescheduling and Waitlist.
- Provides outgoing calls related to registries and outreach for patients.
- Provides backup support to other Front Office positions as needed.
- May perform Lead duties by acting as a liaison between line staff and the direct supervisor. Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day flow of the department including managing breaks, lunches, sick calls and overtime. Provides insights to management regarding the skill level and performance of employees. Provides training to new employees and existing staff when needed. Performs quality audits and reports findings to management.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience working in a call center, scheduling appointments, and/or clerical work in a healthcare environment perferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: English/Spanish Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with patients, providers and staff in a professional manner. Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Basic knowledge of the Epic systems preferred. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment