Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Acts as third tier of support for the Information Services (IS) organization, primarily focused on resolving issues escalated from other teams. Performs routine maintenance on network and server systems to ensure their optimal operation. Resolves minor issues independently and escalates more complex issues to higher levels of the Systems Operations team. Works under the direction of senior IS staff on projects and corporate initiatives.
Job is remote 4 days per-week. 1 day per-week required on-site in Toppenish, WA.
What we offer
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, continuing education, and more
- Monitors IS systems and network equipment and promptly addresses alerts and warnings.
- Evaluates system performance and recommends equipment upgrades to maximize performance.
- Ensures systems and software remain up to date and in good functioning order through regular patching and maintenance.
- Supports minor systems and assists senior staff in managing larger systems.
- Provides assistance and support in completion of projects.
- Maintains and updates the documentation library.
- Configures and conducts system audits, monitoring server logs, backup reports, and vulnerability scans for unusual or suspicious activity as appropriate.
- Applies standard security practices for IS systems, computer users, profiles, directory structures, and software applications.
- Acts as tier 3 support for other IS staff and customers.
- Jointly coordinates all system upgrades, modifications, or changes to the network.
- This position requires the ability to travel long distances by automobile to remote locations for support purposes of YVFWC sites as needed or assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree or two year technical college certificate in a technical area such is IT preferred.
- Experience: One year’s experience in a corporate network environment.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or other similar certification preferred. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques. Knowledge of performance monitoring for network infrastructure and IS systems. Knowledge of basic networking technology, both wired and wireless. Knowledge of Active Directory and Enterprise Windows networks. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all corporate levels. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Skills in problem-solving and sound judgement. Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Visio, and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.