Provides direct service, care coordination and education to patients of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) for various programs. Provides information and support to internal and external partners.
Occasionally may need to work after hours and once in a while Saturdays. This candidate will be required to travel to most Washington clinics (mileage reimbursement available and shift differentials if needed).
This Service Care Coordinator position is unique. You will be providing classes to educate clients on proper asthma management. Classes will be in-person in class setting and online in English & Spanish. Asthma training will be provided upon hire.
What We Offer
- $17-21/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Executes incoming calls, assesses client/patient needs, and identifies appropriate services that are comprehensive and individualized to best serve each client/patient.
- Collects appropriate documentation to support and determine program services eligibility.
- Assists client/patient with scheduling dates for appointments or classes.
- Processes patient referrals for a variety of services including Medical, Dental, and programs including Behavioral Health.
- Monitors and documents active referrals and client participation.
- Assists patients with completion of applications and forms required by the program(s) they will participate in. Ensures patient information is complete and entered in appropriate data system.
- Responds to basic questions from patients.
- Provides follow-up contact with patient regarding service and referrals recommended. Encourages client participation and retention in various programs and classes.
- Performs work to align with productivity goals and standards including # patients, # encounters, # appointments scheduled and # classes facilitated.
- Provides program administrative support such as data entry, client file management, report development and contract compliance.
- Coordinates and promotes YVFWC programs. Recruits clients/patients for dental services, medical services, social services or education classes. Reserves conference rooms, obtains supplies, organizes snacks for classes.
- Presents program information in various internal and external community meetings and functions as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year of administrative support and customer service experience. One year’s health care or social services experience. Two years’ administrative support experience in a social services or healthcare setting preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Applicable license or certification. Some positions may require program specific certification. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to plan, coordinate and organize work projects. Ability to provide professional written and verbal presentations. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with the public, patients, and clinic staff in a professional manner. Ability to understand and apply program requirements and applicable local, state and federal guidance. Knowledge of the social and health agencies in the area and services they provide. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.