YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
The OBGYN Sonographer performs ultrasounds for all of our obstetrical patients and a wide variety of gynecological patients. They will work in partnership with our OB-GYN’s and Women’s Health Advanced practice clinicians to ensure high quality, compassionate, evidence based medical care.
Sign-on bonus of $10,000 on first paycheck.
- Greets and Courteously escorts patients and other guests to examination room, interpret patient histories, utilizes knowledge of obstetrics and gynecological conditions and diagnosis to know what to look for during examination.
- Observes and reassures patient prior to and during all exams / procedures. Assumes responsibility for the safety mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographers care.
- Positions patients for sonographic examination and performs diagnostic sonography examination.
- Demonstrates ability to perform ultrasound examinations unique to OB/GYN patients i.e. pelvic ultrasound for aging and viability, nuchal thickness measurement for first trimester screening, cervical lengths, anatomy scan, BPP, AFT and all gynecologic/pelvic ultrasounds.
- Ability to manage a physically/emotionally demanding work environment related to changing patient needs, and responds to patient emergencies as needed.
- Serves as a liaison between patient and physician when necessary.
- Documents patient information in a timely and accurate manner to ensure continuity of high-quality health care.
- Understands and follows all safety policies and reports any unsafe conditions or practices to clinic leadership.
- Utilizes the providers and radiologist’s feedback (both formal and informal) for improvement of their technique for improved service to patients.
- Utilizes equipment and resources appropriately. Reports equipment problems, malfunctions, and/or need for repairs to clinic leadership. Maintain cleanliness of equipment for patient safety and/or function.
- Provide support to clinical staff and providers as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and works within the scope of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers certification/registration/licensure.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program.
- Experience: 1 year of ultrasound experience. OBGYN experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid, unrestricted certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) with the OBGYN specialty within 6 months of hire. Valid CPR certification. NT certification preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology and its relationship in obtaining a technically diagnostic ultrasound image. Knowledge of professional patient care and ultrasound practice and principles to give and evaluate patient care related to position responsibilities. Ability to evaluate, synthesize, and communicate diagnostic information to the diagnosing physician. Proficient/knowledgeable in medical terminology. Proficient in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including but not limited to, electronic medical records, email, e-learning, intranet, Microsoft Word and Excel, and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required while performing the essential functions of the job. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including proper phone etiquette. Ability to communicate effectively with the patient and the health care team, recognizing the special nature of sonographic examinations and patient’s needs. Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; courteous and friendly demeanor. Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints.Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed. Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.