Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Coordinates surgery appointments for all Providers.
- Schedules pre-operative appointments with patient and surgeon.
- Schedules surgery with the Provider and hospital or surgery center.
- Coordinates additional surgeries with outside Providers if necessary.
- Provides patients with instructions and orders at time of scheduling.
- Arranges for pre-operative patient lab work.
- Coordinates surgical assistants, special equipment, and surgical supplies as needed.
- Obtains surgery authorization/pre-certification from patient’s insurance company.
- Schedules patient’s post-operative appointment.
- Collects and organizes all surgical notes and Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB-GYN) hospital encounter information for billing. This includes data for surgeries, deliveries, and all other hospital related charges.
- Maintains Provider schedules as it relates to block surgery times as well as emergent surgeries.
- Serves as a backup to the Patient Benefit Coordinator.
- Education: High School Diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Services Administration, Public Health, or Medical Assisting preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience working in a medical or dental clinic. One year’s experience scheduling surgeries preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of medical terminology. Strong organizational skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Strong customer relations skills. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment