YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
This position manages a diverse confidential workload and office responsibilities to include administrative tasks, word processing, making telephone calls, scheduling, assisting with project completion, filing, replying to correspondence, and other similar tasks. Works independently as well as in close collaboration with the VP.
If you have an AA degree plus 3 or more years of experience with complex office administration responsibities, or a high school diploma/GED plus 5 or more years of experience with complex office administration responsibities, this could be the opportunity for you!
What We Offer
- $20 – $25/hour depending on experience.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Provides confidential administrative support:
- A. Processes sensitive information, documents and correspondence, and coordinates schedules. Opens and date stamps incoming correspondence.
- B. Screens telephone calls and responds as appropriate.
- C. Secures travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- D. Travels with VP to various locations as needed.
- E. Composes and compiles written correspondence, narratives, and reports as requested.
- F. Attends various administrative and other meetings as assigned and reports activities and required actions through transcribed minutes.
- G. Distributes transcribed minutes to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains an accessible and updated filing system (electronic and paper) containing policies, forms, reports, procedures and regulations.
- A. Develops databases as required to facilitate information processing.
- Designs office systems to facilitate workflow.
- Supports other professional staff in the department as necessary, and coordinates the work of volunteer or other support staff as needed.
- Ensures timely and regular processing of data entry, filing, and sending invoices.
- Monitors and coordinates all purchasing and maintenance needs.
- Provides office support cross-coverage as needed for vacations, illness, etc. If applicable, coordinates vacation scheduling with peers.
- Maintains conference room schedules for designated rooms.
- Maintains professional rapport with, and contacts as necessary, clinic staff, clinicians, patients and representatives from outside agencies and members of the community.
- Serves as a liaison resource for the VP for any business related issues.
- Coordinates and maintains the purchasing of office supplies and equipment, and maintenance needs as necessary.
- Provides training to VP direct reports, administrative support and others when necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and system data.
- A. Does not disclose confidential or privileged information.
- B. Does not access systems or data when there is not an approved business need to do so.
- Education: AA Degree. Or High School Diploma/GED with equivalent experience or certificate from an accredited technical school required.
- Experience: With an AA Degree, 3 years’ experience with complex office responsibilities is required. With a high school diploma/GED, 5 years’ experience with complex office responsibilities is required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of secretarial skills including answering phone, taking messages, typing, composition, scheduling transcribing, etc. Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, power point, andWord programs preferred. Ability to use computer word processing program required. Ability to create operational reports using excel and word, ability to express self, verbally and in writing. Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Ability to periodically travel to and attend off-site meetings. Ability to operate all standard office machines and equipment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.