The Vice President of Behavioral Health Services is the operational leader overseeing behavioral health service delivery and development for the organization.
This new position on our Executive Leadership Team will lead the expansion and growth of our behavioral health services by:
- Being a champion for whole person care
- Ensuring that behavioral health is an integral component in strategic planning and policy development
- Guiding the organization’s clinical, fiscal, and contractual direction with the goals of meeting patient needs and positioning YVFWC for the future of health care.
- Contributing to our mission and high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that position our organization as the leader in delivering proactive behavioral health solutions for children and families.
This position is located in Yakima, WA. We’re interested in all qualified candidates, including those outside the area who are open to relocating to Yakima. Relocation assistance available.
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Robust Employee Assistance program
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following traits:
- Knowledge of specialty behavioral health treatment including substance use disorder and mental health treatment, as well as integrated primary care behavioral health services required.
- Collaborative team-based philosophy and management style.
- Ability to manage complex and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of and commitment to trauma-informed approaches to patient care and workplace environment.
- Demonstrates strong budget management skills.
- Knowledge of EMR systems as applied to behavioral health settings.
- Advanced proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Education: Master’s Degree in mental health field, social services, and/or health care administration Required
- Experience: 7+ years of senior leadership in healthcare business operations which includes senior management experience in behavioral health care in a direct service provider organization. 5+ years staff supervision experience. Multi-facility multi-program experience. Experience with managed care and with grant-funded programming. Demonstrated leadership skills in motivating, coaching and directing staff. Proven track record to oversee and manage teams. Proven track record of successful initiatives Preferred Experience: Experience working with specialty behavioral health treatment including substance use disorder and mental health treatment, as well as integrated primary care behavioral health services.
- Epic knowledge preferred.
- Basic proficiency with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) preferred.
- Knowledge of HRSA and Joint Commission requirements preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.