Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Performs structural and environmental assessments for eligible clientele’s residences. Develops a comprehensive scope of work that will address deferred maintenance, weatherization, and environmental issues that may affect energy usage, structural stability, or health risks.
- Informs participating homeowners of weatherization, rehabilitation, and healthy homes services.
- Conducts various assessments and testing of home systems including Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ), Blower Door, duct leakage and pressure balance.
- Analyzes structural, environmental, and energy efficiency characteristics of residential dwellings.
- Uses energy modeling tools to identify potential savings to investment ratios and recommends projects to Weatherization Coordinator
- Develops project specifications and creates a comprehensive scope of work within industry standards.
- Meets with the client to explain findings and the scope of work. Obtains client’s written approval before work begins.
- Meets with Weatherization Coordinator to review findings and plan activities and objectives. Provides update status reports of jobs in progress.
- Develops separate work orders for general, weatherization; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, and electrical contractors. Maintains current knowledge of prices and specifications used on weatherization sites and updates information accordingly.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: Two years’ experience in construction and energy retrofit installation. Experience in the energy conservation field preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Completion of Building Analyst certification per contract regulations. Lead-Safe Renovations, Repairs & Painting. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid certification within 90 days of employment. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of carpentry, retrofit technology, and building science. Knowledge of home HVAC systems. Knowledge of electrical circuitry and fuel fired furnace efficiency. Basic proficiency in mathematical computations. Ability to use technical equipment such as manometer, blower door, and carbon monoxide tester. Ability to perform heat loss and heat calculations. Ability to understand and use electrical and combustion gas test and Blower Door equipment. Ability to work with fiberglass and/or cellulose insulation materials. Ability to work under physical conditions including cramped spaces, under floors and in attics. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with diverse groups. English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.